Sunday, August 21, 2011

My heart hurts...

I have to be honest, I enjoy reading adoption blogs. I enjoy reading the families being reunited with their children. Domestic adoption is holding a special place in my heart. When I read that a new family is welcoming their newborn baby through the miracle of domestic adoption, I'm rejoicing with the new family, but at the same time, my heart hurts. My heart is grieving for the birth mother. When I see the smile of new parents holding their new baby, my thought turns to the baby's birth mother and hoping that her heart will heal soon, and how I wish I could balm that tender heart that is broken into pieces. May the Good Lord give the birth mother peace over the decision that she made warm-heartedly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I can't imagine the healing that heart needs.